Monday, January 29, 2007

When somebody is on your heart, pray for them, and then maybe you will have a visit from the RedHeadRev!


So today was an interesting day. My wife and I were talking and both she and I felt like there was someone or something that we should be praying for. We didn’t know who, or what, but we knew it was time to pray. I know in Romans 8:26 it says “Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered” and this seemed one of those days. I felt like I needed to pray and had no words, but in my weakness in my “Infirmity”, I found that God was faithful. I began to call people that the Lord put on my heart, dropping notes of encouragement, then much to my surprise, in walks the RedHeadRev (a.k.a Mike). What a great reunion! I haven’t seen him since our friend Benjamin’s wedding, which is where this picture comes from.

It was great to see him and hear of his hope and vision for the Church he Pastor’s. I have heard this man's dreams and his heart and also shared with him my dreams and my heart and not only count him as a brother, but a fellow visionary. I look forward to the Lord’s blessing in his life for the labor he has called him to, but today my blessing started with a groaning. I am reminded also of I Thessalonians 5, which says, “In every thing give thanks…” I am so thankful for a day where my groanings were heard not just by the Lord, but also by my own heart. Moreover, thankful I got to see the every exclusive but never elusive RedHeadRev! I love you brother. You are my ambassador of Bob and all things Veggie.

No comments: