Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What does Christ mean to you?

This week I preached a message on Sunday morning out of Matthew 16: 13-19 asking the question who do you say that Christ is? And today this thought is burning on my heart. As I look at the lives that we lead the question continues in my mind as to how we answer the question, who is Jesus Christ to Me. I know for the two of you that read this (Hi my Wife, Hey Mike) it is like preaching to the choir, but the thought bears typing.

In the scripture I mentioned above the disciples are asked who do men say that Jesus is, then it becomes personal as to who do they say that Jesus Christ is. This is where I wonder what people would answer? Most would say that “right” words, but to be quite honest it would not be the “Honest” words. The more I grow for the Lord the more I realize that Jesus Christ becomes more of a moment in time instead of a shepherd of our lives. Jesus becomes more of our God in time of need, instead of our God every moment of my life. What would you answer if Jesus looked at you and asked who do you “Really” say that I am?

We should want him to be every moment, every minute, and every day of our lives. We should want to really know Him. But then I realize that so many have made Him an appointment, not an everyday God. How many have said to Jesus that I want you, but not that much. How many have said I want to worship you, but only Sundays, maybe a Wednesday, but other than that leave me be because I have stuff I have to do. How many receive the blessings of God and never acknowledge the one who gave them. Oh who do we really say that Jesus Christ is?

I know we have busy lives, but I remember this statement I heard years ago, because it touched my heart then and still does now. “A Man too busy to pray is a man to busy for God.” We have so many things going on, Family, Friends, Relaxation, Graduation, Family Trips, etc. Which none of these things are bad things, not at all, but when they take precedence over Jesus what are we telling Him who we call our Saviour? Who do we really say that Jesus Christ is?

I know this is not my normal humorous satirical kind of blog, but my heart hurts because I know that there is a God, who is my Saviour, and He is so forgotten. Not by the lost world, but by those that claim him as their Saviour. Oh that we would not just “say” He is my Saviour, but “Live” like He is our Saviour. Who do you say that Jesus Christ is?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I have ever
that I have placed a comment on a computer. So here goes...I have
been pondering the strength of my
prayer life. I pray with the hope
that God is listening, but I must confess I am not truely believing that he will answer. After all we are taught that he will answer and
the timing and the answer may be no, is all up to him. So...Yes
I grasp that prayer can and could be good, but...I must admit my faith still needs to grow in this
area. Right now prayer still feels
like typing into a computer. ONe
way!
Susan.